Britannia and Lulworth powering to windward off the Royal Yacht Squadron, Cowes with White Heather (II) trailing behind. By Richard Firth.
price range: £20,000 - £30,000
Britannia was owned by both the Prince of Wales (1893-97) and King George V (after 1921) was the most celebrated racing cutter.
Lulworth was built by White Bros. at Itchen for Mr. Lee in 1920. She was christened Terpischore but when she was purchased by Sir A. Mortimer Singer in 1924 she was renamed Lulworth. She was a successful competitor at Cowes during the remaining years of King George V’s reign.